Light It Up Blue on World Autism Awareness Day!
We join to the action “Light It Up Blue on World Autism Awareness Day!” You can read about its on our website throughout April, we have also changed our Facebook logo for the blue one.
„Light it up blue” is a global action, which has been organized by American Organization Autism Speaks for 2011. The blue color is a symbol of solidarity with the people with autism. April 1 is a starting day of a global celebration of the Month of Knowledge about Autism. That day, four years ago, more than 2,000 buildings in 180 cities in 48 countries around the world lighted up blue.
The blue-light was specials shining at such buildings as: the Sydney Opera House, the Empire State Building in New York City, the Statue of Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, the Palace of Culture and Science in Warsaw and the bridge over the Vistula River in Krakow.
Bialystok also participated in this action. In 2012, the National Autistic Society Branch in Białystok joined it and for the next three years illuminated the Town Hall building, where gathered people with autism, their families and other who wanted to express their solidarity with them on the Kosciuszki Square . Last Autumn was established the agreement “Light up blue for autism”.
What can you do?
– Light up blue the building where you work, live or learn in
– April 1 dress up in blue or add the item to your blue clothes
– Change profile pictures or photos in the background on their profiles in social media
– Inform that autism is not a disease, but a developmental disorder
– Pass the 1% tax non-governmental organizations who helps people with autism and encourage others to do the same
(Source: naniebiesko.org.pl )