Białystok Cultural Centre and The Sleńdzińskis Gallery in Białystok have the pleasure of inviting you to an exhibition opening and an educational walk:
Białostocki Foto-Ikon. Starosielce on the Centennial of the Town’s Origins
exhibition opening and walk: September 22nd, 2019, 11 AM
Białystok – Starosielce train station, 6 Wrocławska Street
exhibition open until October 27th, 2019
“Białystok Foto-Ikon. Starosielce on the Centennial of the Town’s Origins” is an outdoor exhibition organized on the occasion of the centennial of the creation of the city of Starosielce, which operated in the years 1919-1954. It presents the history of this district of Białystok, which owes its creation to the development of the iron rail network in the Russian Empire – here the tsarist government located railway workshops. The presented material is therefore devoted to the subject of railways, but also shows the life of the inhabitants from the 1890s to the 1960s.
The opening of the exhibition will be accompanied by a historical walk, which will be led by a licensed guide. The trip will lead through places related to the history of railways, as well as to the social and local life of the city.
Curators: Joanna Schmidt (The Sleńdzińskis Gallery in Białystok), Agnieszka Kajdanowska (Białystok Cultural Centre)