We have the pleasure of inviting you to a concert with the series of XXIII Cathedral Organ Concerts:
Ville Urponen / Finland
July 6th, 2018, 8:30 PM
Assumption BVM Archcathedral Basilica in Białystok
tickets: 10 PLN, available at the cathedral before the concert
- J. S. Bach (1685-1750): Toccata und fuge in F, BWV 540
- Saint-Saëns (1835-1921): Nightingale and the Rose (arr. Louis Courtade), The Swan (arr. Alexandre Guilmant)
- J. A. Léfebury-Wély (1817-1869): Bolero de concert, op. 166
- Mieczysław Surzyński (1866-1924): Chant triste, op. 36
- J. S. Bach (1685-1750): Toccata und fuge in d, BWV 565
Ville Urponen graduated from the Sibelius Academy (Helsinki) with a diploma in both organ and piano. He studied under the tutelage of Professor Kari Jussila. Urponen took advanced organ studies in Amsterdam under Professor Jacques van Oortmerssen.
Urponen’s body of work includes a large number of album, radio and television recordings from Finland and Japan. He eagerly reaches for contemporary organ literature, making recordings and documenting contemporary Finnish music that way.
He has performed many times in the Scandinavian countries, Japan, Poland and Russia.
Ville Urponen works as a teacher of organ music at Helsinki Sibelius Academy, where in 2009 he received a doctorate.