We have the pleasure of inviting you to a concert with the series of XXIII Cathedral Organ Concerts:
Urszula Grahm / Warsaw
August 10th, 2018, 7:15 PM
Assumption BVM Archcathedral Basilica in Białystok
tickets: 10 PLN, available at the cathedral before the concert
- B. Pasquini (1637-1710): Toccata: Andante sostenuto – Allegro moderato – Allegretto mosso – Allegro
- J. S. Bach (1685-1750): Toccata i Fuga F-dur (BWV 540)
- H. B. Orlinski (1928-2012): Partita Gregoriana, Largo
- M. Sawa (1937-2005): Fantazja Nordycka
- K. Szymanowski (1882-1937): Etiuda b-moll op. 4 nr 3 (transkrypcja na organy A. Wightman)
- H. Mulet (1878-1967): Toccata z cyklu “Esquisses Byzantines”, “Tue s petra et portae inferi non praevalebunt adversus te”
Urszula Grahm graduated from the Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin Academy of Music (Prof. Feliks Raczkowski’s organ class). She perfected her skills in Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy and France. In 1995 she received a PhD at the Academy of Music in Warsaw. She is the author of scientific works on Polish and Swedish organ music and Swedish organ construction.
She won an early music competition in Łódź, also received a honourable mention at the Bach Competition in Brügge. Grahm has performed in the US and in the majority of European countries. She has performed thrice at the National Philharmonic in Warsaw, toured across Norway and Finland several times. She made many radio recordings, performed organ concerts with an orchestra, she also played a duet with a piano.
Since 1971, she has been living in Sweden, where she is involved in concerts and pedagogical activities. Grahm received two Scania cultural awards and the award from the Polish Ministry of Culture for promoting Polish music abroad. She regularly performs at Lund cathedral as a soloist during popular organ recitals. She was a board member of the Organ Association in Sweden for 10 years.
She is an artistic director of the “Skånes Orgelveckor” organ festival in southern Sweden.