We have the pleasure of inviting you to a concert with the series of XXIII Cathedral Organ Concerts:
Ennio Cominetti / Italy
Cantamen vocal group / Białystok
August 3rd, 2018, 7:15 PM
The Old Church of the Assumption BVM Archcathedral Basilica in Białystok
tickets: 10 PLN, available at the cathedral before the concert
- Girolamo Frescobaldi (1583-1643): Toccata seconda (dal secondo libro di Toccate), Canzone ecc. (1637), Bergamasca (dai “Fiori musicali”, 1635)
- Anonim: Præambulum ex F (z Oliwskiej Tablatury Organowej – Fuga [in F], ok. 1619)
- Grzegorz Gerwazy Gorczycki: Omni Die
- Michał Staromiejski Missa Omni Die: Kyrie, Sanctus, Agnus Dei
- Wacław z Szamotuł: Błogosławiony człowiek
- Tomas Luis de Victoria: Confitebor Tibi Domine
- Thomas Tallis: O Lord give thy Holy Spirit
- Arnold von Bruck: Komm, Heiliger Geist, Herre Gott
- Francisco Guerrero: Beatus es
- Ola Gjelio: Ubi caritas
- Gaetano Valerj (1760-1822): Sonata in fa maggiore, Sonata in do maggiore
Italian organist Ennio Cominetti, playing at the most prestigious organ festivals, has so far played over 2,000 concerts (on average over 80 concerts a year). He gave concerts in the most important cathedrals and concert halls around the world. Cominetti recorded 25 albums for Italian and German record companies, he also recorded for radio and television. The artist also deals with composing and conducting, he is the founder of the Orchestra Cameristica Lombarda and Sola Deo Gloria vocal ensemble. He also wrote the biography of M. E. Bossi. Cominetti conducts music seminars, is a jury member at organ competitions. Since 1998, he has been the director of the department of church music and professor at the Academy of Arts in Rome.
Cantamen vocal group was founded in 2012. Their repertoire includes works from the choral literature of various epochs, Orthodox Church music, Polish folk music and Polish and foreign pieces of pop music, also in their own arrangements.
They received the 1st Prize at the IX Podlachian Easter Festival, Special Prize at the XXIV Liturgical Hymn Catholic Festival (2012), Golden Diploma at the “Mater Misericordiae“ X Choral Hymn Festival in Ząbki (2015), Silver Diploma at the XXVII Religious Music International Festival in Rumia. In 2016 the group received Golden Diploma for performing a Renaissance piece at the III Sacred Music in Łomża. They mostly perform in Podlachia. Cantamen performed at the Cathedral Organ Concerts in Białystok (2017) and Podlachian Organ Concerts in Hajnówka (2012, 2017), they also participated at the “Cameralis et Sacralis” Festival in Choroszcz (2017).